ApplicationYou must fill out an application if you are interested in buying from us. The application can be found at the following link:
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase a hedgehog from us. If you are not 18 years old, a legal parent or guardian will be required at purchase.
- If the hedgehog is for a child, please bring the child at the time of purchase to meet the hedgehog.
- Our hedgehogs are sold to be pets, not for breeding purposes.
- We reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone at any time.
Payment and Pickup
- We only accept cash, credit, and Paypal. All payments must be paid in full before the hedgehog can go home.
- At this time, pick ups are only available in Huber Heights, Ohio.
- We do not offer delivery to personal residences or parking lots.
- At this time, we do not offer shipping.
- Please remember to bring a carrier of some kind. During colder months, include some way to keep the hedgehog warm (i.e. HotHands Hand Warmers).
- If you cannot pick up the hedgehog within three days of the day it is able to go home, arrangements must be made to pay for the hedgehog in full.
- If the hedgehog is not paid in full within those three days, he/she will be placed as available and your deposit will be forfeited.
- Hedgehogs will be held for up to seven days, free of charge, if full payment is received. After seven days, a boarding fee of $20 per week will be applied.
LawsPlease check your local and state laws to be sure hedgehogs are legal in your area. Currently, as of 2013, hedgehogs are illegal in the following:
- The five boroughs of New York City
- Douglas County, Nebraska
- Mansfield, Ohio
Hedgehog PricingHedgehogs can vary in price based on their different colors or patterns:
- Standard: $225-250
- Reverse pinto: $200-225
- Different facial markings: $250-275
- Albino: $175-200
AppointmentsWe only offer appointments at certain times for picking up a hedgehog or doing a meet-and-greet. These times are subject to change:
- Sunday - No appointments
- Monday - 11am to 5pm
- Tuesday - 11am to 7pm
- Wednesday - 11am to 5pm
- Thursday - 11am to 7pm
- Friday - No appointments
- Saturday - 3pm
Meet and Greets require a $10 non refundable fee, this fee will go towards the cost of the hedgehog if you decide to buy same day or the price of the deposit if no babies are ready to go home.
Baby hedgehogs will not be able to be held until they are at least five weeks old.
Waiting Lists and Deposits
- The application must be filled out before anyone can be added to a waiting list.
- There is a $50 non-refundable deposit required for a hedgehog to be reserved.
- Since we believe that owning a pet should be a live long decision, we will gladly take back the hedgehog if it is not the right fit for your family but we will not give any refunds for the hedgehog or supplies.
- We do not offer exchanges of any hedgehog for any reason.
Holiday PoliciesAll holiday policies are subject to change.
- The week before Christmas will have normal business hours.
- Christmas Eve will have special pick up times from 3pm to 5pm for an additional fee of $25.
- Christmas morning will have a special pick up time from 4am to 8am for an additional fee of $50.
- New Years
- New Years Eve will have normal business hours for an additional fee of $10.
- New Years Day will have normal business hours for an additional fee of $10.
- Easter day will have one pick up time of 8am for an additional fee of $25.
- Independence Day
- Independence Day will have two pick up times of 8am and 3pm for an additional fee of $10.
- Halloween will have regular business hours for an additional fee of $10.
- Thanksgiving Day will only have two pick up times of 8am and 7pm for an additional $25.
- Black Friday will have two pick up times of 5pm and 7pm with no additional fees.
Health GuaranteeAll hedgehogs from Huber Hogs have a life time WHS guarantee. This is the policy on the guarantee:
- The hedgehog will be replaced if a vet necropsy is done and states the hedgehog passed away from WHS.
- The hedgehog will not be replaced if it passed away due to negligence, injury, improper diet, or illness due to not being cared for correctly.